Hcash at ISPEC 2017
The 13th International Conference on Information Security Practice and Experience
Recently, the 13th International Conference on Information Security Practice and Experience (ISPEC) was held in Melbourne, Australia.
Organised by Deakin and Monash University, the ISPEC conference is an established forum that brings together researchers and practitioners to provide a confluence of new information security technologies, including their applications and their integration with IT systems in various vertical sectors. Since its inception in 2005, the conference has taken place in Singapore, China, Hongkong, South Korea and Australia.
During this year’s conference, Blockchain technology and its applications were discussed.
A panel discussion took place (chaired by Dr Joseph Liu), and its members included:
- Dr. Joseph Liu: Co-Director of the Monash-HKPU-Collinstar Blockchain Research Lab at Monash University;
- Dr. Man Ho Au: Co-Director of the Monash-HKPU-Collinstar Blockchain Research Lab at Hong Kong Polytechnic University;
- Dr. Tsz Hon Yuen: Senior Researcher in Huawei’s Shield Lab research centre in Singapore;
- Andrew Miller: Computer science PhD student at the University of Maryland, Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois and Advisor at Zcash
- Khal Achkar: Chief Technology Officer at the Hcash Foundation
Panellists provided an overview of their current research, and their outlook on the industry and its trajectory. With some members, including Andrew Miller responding to an audience member who brought up the cypherpunk activist movement of the 90s, where the two discussed the ideology of using strong cryptography and privacy-enhancing technologies as a potential avenue for political and social change.
Panellist member, Khal Achkar used the event to discuss the possibility of using Hcash technology in the banking and FinTech sector. He also discussed the current and future development of Hcash, including its recent implementation of a quantum resistance design that supports compatibility with an ECDSA signature scheme.
During the event, Khal also alluded to new partnerships and elusive developments that will be revealed sometime next year.
Overall, the event was a huge success and Hcash is honoured to have had the ability to engage with these talented and brilliant professionals.
Hcash is working to create a new standard of value. The company envisages a world with an unrestricted flow of information and value. It believes that its currency will allow the creation of a better Blockchain that will help fuel the development of new and efficient applications that allow for a secure and decentralised way of conducting transactions.
Hcash will act as a sidechain for both block and block-less based blockchains. In simple terms, it will allow for the transaction of both data as well as value to occur between systems that can’t easily exchange both. In this way Hcash will act as a Hive or as a decentralised exchange.
In its efforts to fight against the rise of quantum computing, Hcash has employed four leading experts from the University of Technology (Sydney), Macquarie University Research Centre in Quantum Science and Technology (Sydney) and Nanyang Technological University (Singapore). Through the team’s efforts, Hcash has made large strides towards its goal of creating a quantum-resistant cryptocurrency.
Hcash also aims to solve several other fundamental issues that it believes should be implemented in all cryptocurrencies, including:
- Zero Knowledge Proof technology to achieve bi-directional encryption to protect its user’s privacy.
- A mixed Proof of Work and Proof of Stake model, to reduce energy waste and increase efficiency.
- A DAO governance model, allowing users the ability to use both public and private addresses.
- The ability for currency users to transfer unlimited times within a limited block size, irrespective of speed of the amount transferred.
To increase its efforts to access innovators and experts around the world, Hcash has planned to expand globally, setting up offices in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and Russia.
Hcash is also proud to announce that several other Blockchain companies, including: Hyperpay, Hyperlending, Halalchain and ENT cash have launched their projects on the Hcash network.
Overall, Hcash aims to be the network of choice for both investors and entrepreneurs. We hope that through our efforts of continually innovating and connecting, we allow the Blockchain industry to reach new technological heights and become stronger than ever.